Here at Darklight Design we like to be at the forefront of innovation, which is why we’re choosing to embrace digital currencies. And if you’re reading this then you are either already using cryptocurrency or are interested in learning more. So whether you want to pay for your new table lamp in bitcoin or purchase a pendant in ETH, we’ve got your crypto cravings covered.
The Crypto Factor…
According to Wikipedia, a “cryptocurrency, crypto-currency, or crypto is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange wherein individual coin ownership records are stored in a ledger existing in a form of a computerized database using strong cryptography to secure transaction records, to control the creation of additional coins, and to verify the transfer of coin ownership.”
Blimey. Breaking that down, here are some key points about cryptocurrencies:
- It typically exists digitally and not in physical form, although it can be transferred to a more traditional banking account -
- It is usually not issued by a central authority -
- It is a decentralised form of currency control separate from the central banking system -
- When a cryptocurrency is minted/created it is commonly acknowledged as centralized -
- When the newly minted cryptocurrency is used with decentralised control, cryptocurrency uses a distributed ledger technology (usually a blockchain) as a public database which records all of the financial transactions -
- There are multiple cryptocurriences available on the market, the most famous currently being Bitcoin & Ethereum -
We trust Utrust
Say hello to UTrust. We're working with UTrust to oversee all of our digital currency transactions for online transactions. Powered by blockchain, UTrust are a leading provider of e-commerce cryptocurrency services & work with business in over 180 countries, supporting over 30 currencies that covers over 90% of the world’s GDP. UTrust offers the same level of protection on every purchase as traditional payment methods, giving you full assurance as you shop.
So why pay with cryptocurrencies?
We think that you should only do what you’re comfortable with. If you’re happy with the traditional banking system that is totally fine with us. We’re adding the digital payment method to allow people who use cryptocurrency to shop on our site. Like all things there are pro’s & con’s, here are a few of the positives of using cryptocurrency:
- Transaction costs are lower as you are effectively your own bank, saving you money -
- If you have multiple cryptocurrencies, you have the flexibility to decide which currency to pay with depending on which offers the best value in the current market -
- Payments are as simple as scanning a QR code -
- Payments are faster & cheaper
If you’d like to know more about our digital payment options, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org