Lead times may be affected over Christmas due to manufacturer closures
T: 01189 882294
Here at Darklight Design, we recognise that we have a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements so we’re committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance. We’ll do this as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods with regular review points, and we’ll encourage our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same. As a wise frog once said “it’s not easy bein’ green”, but we do want to improve the overall impact that our business has on the environment through using more environmentally friendly products and processes, and ensuring that we put both the customer and the environment first. We’re just going to go for it.
Our man Jack is responsible for ensuring that our environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of our policy are met. There’s no ‘I’ in team, but team does rhyme with ‘green’ so….. we’ll leave that with you then.
We’re proud to support these two amazing environmental charities.
An international non-profit organisation whose sole mission is to plant trees all over the world. We’re helping One Tree Planted to tree-populate regions that desperately need help, such as the Amazon Rainforest. And it’s easy for you to get involved too - we plant one tree for every order that we get.
Based near to us here in Berkshire, BBOWT protects local wildlife and waterways through conservation, campaigning and collaborative efforts. We’re helping them to preserve nature reserves from local and global threats, so that our children can continue to enjoy them long after we’re pushing up the daisies.
Here’s what we endeavour to do:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements -
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance -
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts -
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions -
- Increase employee awareness and training -
- We’ll minimise the use of paper in the office -
- We’ll reduce packaging as much as possible -
- We’ll seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products -
- We’ll reuse and recycle all paper where possible -
Energy and Water
- We’ll seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible -
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use -
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind -
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing -
- We’ll evaluate if the need can be met in another way -
- We’ll evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment -
- We’ll evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase -
- We’ll favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible -
- We’ll reuse and recycle everything we are able to -
- We’ll reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only -
- We’ll promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing -
- We’ll make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles -
- We’ll favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency -
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible -
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible -
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste -
Monitoring and Improvement
- We’ll comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements -
- We’ll continually improve and monitor environmental performance -
- We’ll continually improve and reduce environmental impacts -
- We’ll incorporate environmental factors into business decisions -
- We’ll increase employee awareness through training -
- We’ll review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings -
- We’ll involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance -
- We’ll update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary -
- We’ll provide staff with relevant environmental training -
- We’ll work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance -
- We’ll use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community -
Some big targets there, we know. But what’s the point in aiming low? Thanks for reading and, with your help, we’ll take pollution down to zero.
Or at least become a little bit more environmentally friendly.
Chris & Rich, Directors
Darklight Design Ltd